Office Administrator and Bookkeeper
We are seeking a permanent, full-time Office Administrator and Bookkeeper to supervise an administrative team and provide general administrative support while managing accounting and bookkeeping functions
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position is responsible for:
- Overseeing and coordinating all office admin policies and procedures as well as supervising the Administrative Team.
- Keeping employee records current and administering the company benefits plan.
- Assisting with employment policy administration, recruitment, new hire orientation, and arranging team building activities.
- Establishing and monitoring internal controls.
- Providing strategic, finance-related analysis to drive improved decision making.
- Maintaining timely and accurate financial records using a computerized bookkeeping system.
- Posting journal entries and reconciling accounts, preparing trial balance of books, and maintaining general ledgers.
- Overseeing banking activities, including signatories, charges, reconciliations, PWL short term GIC investments and account tracking.
- Managing related vendor contracts including renewal negotiations.
- Ensuring Company assets are properly safeguarded and insured.
- Managing accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Coordination with payroll company and approving bi-weekly payroll for all employees and communicating with external regulatory bodies regarding employee remittances.
- Reconciling and producing regular reporting and remittances including GST, T4s, T4A and WCB.
- Preparing all required year-end reports for the Accountant to complete for tax purposes.
You are an excellent communicator and an independent problem solver who loves jumping in and taking the initiative. You are also a true professional, comfortable navigating complex personnel issues with tact and fairness. Known for being on the ball, organized, and detail oriented, you also have:
- A diploma level education (or greater) in Administration or in a related field.
- An accounting designation (preferred)
- At least 5 years of accounting/finance experience, working in a similar capacity.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications.
- General bookkeeping and financial statement preparation experience
- Experience developing and administering office policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of provincial and federal employment legislation.
- Experience working in a professional business environment.
- Technically proficient and comfortable with modern IT tools and software including Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat Pro and database programs.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel will be considered an asset.
- Strong proficiency in using Ajera will be considered a very important asset.
We are hardworking, fun-loving, and curious by nature. We enjoy making meaningful contributions while working in a fast-paced, team-oriented atmosphere. We are a progressive company offering competitive salaries, a comprehensive package of benefits, and above all - a great work environment - we are a team and we treat each other really well.